The project will be completed in steps, comprising:
- Research and collection of Children’s Folk Songs
- Creation of the Autonomous Teacher Training Tool kit
- Piloting of the Autonomous Teacher Training Tool kit
- Workshops for teachers
- Simultaneous European concert in 5 venues
- Dissemination online and offline
- Sustainability – Association for the FolkDC
1. Research and collection of Children’s Folk Songs
The initial step will be to build a set of parameters for the 20 songs to include in the project and then to collect appropriate songs. This will include the type of songs, languages, age range, historical period, relevancy to today’s children etc.
2. Creation of the Autonomous Teacher Training Tool kit (ATTT)
This will comprise four packages in five language versions:
- Children’s folk songs in 10 different languages with lyrics /translations, background stories, music scores, recordings
- Activities to stimulate children’s language and cultural awareness
- Singing practice to enhance foreign language and musical communication
- Training for ICT tools for audio recording
- Feedback and evaluation tools
All the elements of the ATTT will include full teaching training guide and online support will be provided.
3. Piloting of the Autonomous Teacher Training Tool kit
The ATTT will be piloted in schools across Europe and pre and post evaluations completed. Based on the piloting the ATTT will be adapted or changed as necessary.
4. Workshops for teachers
The ATTT and the whole methodology will be introduced to teachers via workshops across Europe. The ATTT will also be available online through the website.
5. Simultaneous European concert in 5 venues
There will be 5 live concerts that will take place synchronously in the UK, Turkey, Finland, Romania and Spain. In each concert, a local school choir will sing folk songs in non-native languages that will be streamed to the other concert venues and also made available to an Internet audience. Each concert will also present the performance of a national folk singer
6. Dissemination online and offline
The project will be disseminated widely across Europe, inviting schools to Use the ATTT. Schools will also be able to attend the simultaneous concert in 5 locations across Europe either at the venue or online.
7. The Future
An association will be formed to support the dissemination of the digital Folk songs project in to the future.